Call for Mentors: Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) MentorHer Programme 2020
Are you a Female STEM professional? Would you like to mentor other young women in STEM? The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre is looking for you to serve as Mentor in their MentorHer Programme 2020.
W.TEC’s MentorHer Programme is aimed at supporting young women studying STEM courses at the tertiary level, sharing important technical tips and life skills, which will be instrumental in helping them succeed as technology professionals. This mentoring programme will provide a platform for the young women to gain first-hand knowledge from experienced women in technology fields, so they start and navigate their careers in a more informed and strategic manner.
- To give back: Giving back helps you obtain personal satisfaction by making a difference in the career development of the new generation, facilitate your own professional and personal growth by sharing the knowledge you learned through your years of experience. Mentoring experience empowers and impact both mentors and mentees and largely contributes to their personal development.
- Be a change maker: Mentors can be the change they want to see in the world through their efforts of instilling seeds of growth in the new generation.
- Be and Inspiration to the younger generation: You will be inspiring the younger generation of leaders who are passionate about their field of study through your obtained leadership and management skills and using effective communication techniques.
- Must have studied a technology related course either at undergraduate or post-graduate level;
- Must be working in technology field for at least 5 years;
- Should have at least 2 people reporting directly to them;
- Is ready to impact and guide the mentee in achieving their goals;
- Is ready to devote at least 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
Applications must be completed using the online application form. Please include a short bio of yourself along with a link to your LinkedIn page.
For more information, visit WTEC MentorHer Programme.