Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) South Africa Program 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) South Africa Program 2020. AWE South Africa 2020 is an 8-month-long entrepreneurship training and mentorship program that provides women with practical business management skills, robust networks, and follow-on opportunities, including potential funders. AWE supports women in creating and growing sustainable businesses.
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is an initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) developed to support the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative which aims to empower 50 million women worldwide by 2025 to fulfil their economic potential, creating conditions for increased stability, security, and prosperity for all.
AWE is centered on DreamBuilder, an online training platform developed by Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Management, and facilitated by experts.
- Open to women between 21 and 35 years of age and fluent in English;
- Be resident in one of the five AWE South Africa Cities: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban/Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg and Pretoria;
- Must either have a viable business idea or have been in business for no more than 2 years;
- Ability to participate in weekly group sessions and must be able to commit 5+ hours weekly to the program;
- Computer literacy and access to a laptop or computer.
The deadline for application is September 30, 2020. For enquiries, send an email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Academy for Women Entrepreneurs.