Apply to become an International Youth Federation (IYF) Representative
Do you want to make a positive difference in empowering young people in your country? Do you feel passionate about sustainable future? Can you build a team and be a good leader? Do you have experience in youth-led organizations, volunteering, networking, sustainable development, social work, communications, international relations, or another relevant field? Apply to become an International Youth Federation (IYF) Representative.
The IYF Representative role is pivotal to the success of the International Youth Federation in reaching the goals in each of the countries it serves. The Representative builds, leads and strategically positions the IYF Country Team in support of national youth priorities, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. The Representative develops strategic initiatives to translate the IYF strategic vision in the country context, focusing on the key areas of the IYF: capacity building, innovation, and civic engagement.
Representatives enjoy so much benefits including:
- Being a part of a global network of like-minded professionals who recognize the work that you do.
- Extending your knowledge through the collective experience of other professionals.
- Access to shared tools, training resources, and practical advice through the IYF Resource Center.
- Collective, scaled influence that comes with being a part of a global organization.
- Improved “personal brand” that comes with being a part of a world-class organization.
- Staff recognition through the IYF news, reports, blogs, newsletters, and social media.
- Participation in online/offline youth-related forums.
- Stay connected and informed about what is happening in other parts of the world through the ITF website and social media.
- Have demonstrated experience in youth sector, community service, voluntary-based organizations or other related fields.
- Only candidates of 18-38 years of age will be considered for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Be available for at least one term of service (3-Years), after the assessment has been undertaken.
- Candidates who shall leave their home territory for a period of more than 3 months cannot be considered for the position.
- Have good command of English.
- The candidates that progress to the final stage of the LAC Assessment (competency-based interview) will be asked to present an endorsement letter from the country’s entity or individual in support of their application.
Do you want to advance your career? Are you 18 to 38 years old? If you answered yes, then you are the right person and you should apply.
For more information, visit International Youth Federation.