Providus Bank SME Challenge 2020 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Deadline: September 21, 2020
Applications are open for the Providus Bank SME Challenge 2020. The SME Challenge is an initiative of EDC and ProvidusBank which aims at equipping small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with skills and competencies that the SMEs require to be able to run their businesses profitably, defend sound and viable business proposals, efficient funds utilization, trade, access to markets and prepare the SMEs to access funding.
Through this program, they will enhance the entrepreneurial and managerial competencies of Nigerian SMEs towards building sustainable business practices and provide support that will enable them to navigate business challenges.
The SME Challenge will provide capacity building for SMEs in 3 phases;
- Phase 1: Capacity Building for 500 SMEs: 500 candidates will be onboarded, trained and granted access to the SMEtoolkit’s resources. The SMEtoolkit contains a set of tools that will equip businesses to gain competitive advantage, free business advisory from renowned experts and access to software packages, business forms, training resources and templates that can help your business succeed.
- Phase 2: Business support for the top 50 SMEs: The top 50 candidates selected from the 500 will receive additional business consultations.
- Phase 3: Enterprise Development program for the top 15 SMEs: The top 15 SMEs will be given a Customised Enterprise Development program coupled with intensive business support.
- Be A Nigerian;
- Be 18 years and above;
- Own a viable business that is registered and operated in Nigeria;
- A for-profit business from any sector;
- Be educated with minimum qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND);
- Be able to carry out the application process online;
- Be committed to the training schedule, physically and virtually, once accepted.
Applicants must register to enter the chalenge. You will receive a confirmation email with all the details you will need to log in.
Once you have successfully registered, log in and start the application. To return to your application, click the “Save And Continue” button (at the bottom of any stage) and come back to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application.
For more information, visit Providus Bank.