Deadline: September 16, 2020
Call for Expression of Interest for the African-European Youth Forum 2020 are open. Young generation from both the continents of Africa and Europe are invited to the African-European Youth Forum. As the next generation, you will be asked to look for new and innovative approaches to realise the 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The African-European Youth Forum will precede the established platform for dialogue among youth representatives from Africa and Europe at the 5th AU-EU Youth Summit, which will be held within the framework of the 6th AU-EU Heads of States and Governments Summit later this year.
The results of the African-European Youth Forum on September 28-29, will feed into the Youth Summit and its recommendations to the Heads of State and Government. In addition, the Youth Forum will promote the integration of a joint AUEU youth agenda in the work of the Council of the EU through Germany’s Presidency.
The working groups will be formed around the following thematic clusters:
- Nutrition and poverty (SDGs 1 and 2)
- Sustainable growth and employment (SDG 8)
- Education and digitalisation (SDG 4)
- Climate action and renewable energy (SDGs 7 and 13)
- Peace and security, good governance, political inclusion (SDG 16)
- Health and the impacts of COVID-19 (SDG 3)
- Open to young leaders in civil society in Africa and Europe;
- Aged between 18 and 35;
- Clearly motivated to participate in the Youth Forum;
- Expertise in at least one of the topics and able to share proven experience with the implementation of projects, campaigns or initiatives;
- Strong network ties and/or current involvement in a youth organisation/network;
- Interest in and understanding of AU-EU cooperation;
- Fluent in English.
This selection will be based on your prior experience with the cluster topics and on your expressed motivation. Candidates for the Youth Forum will be chosen on the basis of merit and a common set of criteria. As far as possible, they aim to achieve a good regional (six African regions, Northern / Southern / Eastern Europe), gender and age balance across the participant group. They will inform you by e-mail on the selection of participants prior to the event.
If you are a highly motivated EU or African citizen aged between 18 and 35 and keen to contribute to the political dialogue and decision-making on the priorities of the future European-African partnership, you are cordially invited to apply for participation in the African-European Youth Forum.
For more information, visit African-European Youth Forum.