Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship 2021 at New York University (NYU) Wagner
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Applications are invited for the Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship 2021. The fellowship is awarded to students admitted for full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning degree programs at the NYU Wagner.
Lisa Ellen Goldberg, the celebrated president of the Charles H. Revson Foundation and beloved wife of John Sexton, the former president of New York University, was a dynamic force in the world of philanthropy and the Jewish community. Prior to her death in 2007, she worked passionately for philanthropic and Jewish issues and organizations. She left a legacy of the visionary and critical role philanthropy can play in both bringing promising ideas to fruition and increasing their impact. She also embodied a deep commitment to public service and to the Jewish community. Her legacy is honored in a fellowship established at NYU Wagner for rising leaders in public service who seek careers in philanthropy or Jewish leadership.
- The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship provides a full tuition scholarship.
- In addition to financial support, Goldberg Fellows receive an NYU faculty mentor and also get the opportunity to access an unparalleled network of philanthropists, policymakers, academics, and leaders.
- Open to students admitted for full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning degree programs at the NYU Wagner;
- Applicants should have far-reaching and nuanced intellectual curiosity;
- Passion for learning and problem-solving;
- Playful imagination and enthusiasm for new ways of approaching old problems;
- Thoughtful and articulate communication, both verbal and written;
- Interest in people, their stories, and their experiences;
- Steadfast dedication and emotional maturity;
- Demonstrated success in a first career;
- Love of culture and the arts.
Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered. The deadline for Fall 2021 fellowship applications is November 30, 2020.
For more information, visit Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship.