Deadline: October 23, 2020
Nominations are invited for the IBM PhD Fellowship Program 2021. Strong collaboration with faculty, students and universities is vital to IBM. The IBM PhD Fellowship Program advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies.
Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Data Science
- US country awards: $60,000 in award year one; $35,000 in award year two.
- Other country awards: vary between $6,000 – $25,000 each award year depending on country.
- Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and must be a full-time student in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit their fellowship.
- Students should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination. For example, nominees that are enrolled in a four year graduate program should have completed two years of their graduate program as of summer 2021 in order to benefit the most.
- Students from US embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship or internship from another company or institution (does not include academic scholarships) during the same IBM funded academic period may not be eligible for an IBM PhD Fellowship. The university credential email addresses must be entered in the nomination form.
Award recipients will be selected based on
- Their overall potential for research excellence
- The degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM
- Their academic progress to – date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
Nominations for the 2021 IBM PhD Fellowship Award program will be accepted until October 23, 2020 at 12:00 AM (midnight) US Eastern Time. Notification of the results will take place in March of 2021.
For more information, visit IBM Fellowships.