ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest 2020 (KRW 2,000,000 prize)
Deadline: November 8, 2020
Entries are invited for the ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest 2020. Students are invited to conduct in-depth intellectual works on how ASEAN and Korea can navigate through the present uncertainties and turn this crisis into an opportunity.
This year, the Contest seeks to enhance academic and professional quality of submissions by engaging professors as advisors for the essays and allow co-authorship (up to 2 students).
The 2019 ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit was a diplomatic milestone that demonstrated the thriving partnership between the 10 ASEAN Member States and Korea over the past three decades.
As ASEAN and Korea advance into the next 30 years of heightened relations, however, COVID-19 pandemic swept across the globe, interrupting collaborations between ASEAN and Korea in almost every fields. Amid the unprecedented challenges that require a collaborative response more than ever, ASEAN-Korea partnership should be adaptive to the post-COVID-19 era.
Theme: ASEAN-Korea Digital Partnership in the Post-COVID-19 Era
Under the pandemic, physical or social distancing has been actively promoted to counter the spread of the disease. This has in turn accelerated rapid digitalization in every aspect of daily lives, and cooperation in digital field has become more important than ever. ASEAN and Korea have been partnering in many areas in the digital sphere including e-commerce, e-learning, IT startup and social media. How can ASEAN and Korea strengthen their digital partnership in the post-COVID-19 era? What are the areas of ASEAN-Korea digital cooperation to be eyed on?
- Grand Prize (1 team): KRW 2,000,000.
- Second Prize (2 teams): KRW 1,000,000.
- Third Prize (2 teams): KRW 500,000.
- Selected teams will be invited to a webinar to present their essays.
- Selected winning essays will be considered for publication.
- The contest invites all ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students;
- Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor);
- Applicants can submit as a team consisting up to 2 students. For team entries, all members must meet eligibility to participate in the Contest.
- Submissions should be in English or Korean. Abstract must be written in English for both English and Korean essays.
- Max. 4,000 words or 10 pages
- Times New Roman
- 12 points
- 1.5 interlinear
- Max. 3,000 words or 10 pages
- 11 points
- 1.5 interlinear
- Abstract should be 500 words / 1 page.
- Application form (by participants)
- Recommendation form (by advisor)
For more information, visit ASEAN-Korea Centre.