AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships 2020/2021 for Women in the U.S. (up to $18,000)
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Applications are invited for the AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships 2020/2021. The Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women who intend to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited U.S. institutions during the fellowship year in one of the designated degree programs where women’s participation traditionally has been low.
These fellowships were established in 1970 with a $25,000 grant from the Max C. Fleischmann Foundation. Initially, they focused on opening doors for women in the male-dominated fields of law and medicine. However, the focus expanded over time to include science and technology, since the demand for a technologically skilled workforce has grown without proportional representation by women.
- The fellowship awards $5,000 – $18,000.
Selected Professions Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship.
- Open to individuals who identify as women who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States who have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in their respective fields.
- Applicants must be full-time students at an accredited U.S. institution during the fellowship year, and should be pursuing a course of study in the United States over the full academic year. Priority is given to women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree.
- Selected Professions Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded for the following master’s programs:
- Computer/information sciences.
- Fellowships in the following degree programs are restricted to women of color, who have been underrepresented in these fields:
- Master’s in business administration — applicants may apply for second year of study only.
- Law — applicants may apply for third year of study only.
- Doctorate in medicine — applicants may apply for third or fourth year of study only.
The deadline for online submission of application and supporting documents is December 1, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
For more information, visit AAUW.