Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) Young Scientist Training Program 2021 (Funding available)
Deadline: November 2, 2020
Applications are open for the Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) Young Scientist Training Program 2021. The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) opens a few positions for the training program at the postdoctoral fellow level in theoretical physics and related fields.
The Young Scientist Training Program aims to provide career development opportunities for young physicists who are at an early stage of their research career but with a proven record of research. It is anticipated that this fellowship can lead to a more permanent academic position. The fellowships will be held at the APCTP, Pohang, Korea, where an ideal environment for research is provided for potential collaborations with in-house senior academics (Junior Research Groups), POSTECH faculty & members, visiting scholars from Korea and abroad, and participants of various scientific programs organized or supported by the APCTP.
The APCTP, founded in 1996, is a non-governmental organization aiming for an international center dedicated to excellence in research and the training of young scientists in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Funding is initially available for one year, renewable for a second year depending on the research performance and the availability of resources for the program. An annual gross salary is KRW 36,000,000 and addition to the salary, research grant of KRW 5,000,000/year along with relocation costs are provided.
- All subject areas in theoretical physics are eligible.
- In order to apply for a work visa of Korea, an applicant should have a doctoral degree (PhD or Dsc, etc.) 2 months before the start of work.
The following items should be submitted by November 2, 2020 (UTC +09:00):
- an application form (in PDF);
- a curriculum vitae;
- a short description of research accomplishments with a publication list;
- a statement of proposed work;
- two letters of recommendation (reference letter), arranged to be sent directly from your referees by the same deadline.
NOTE: Each document submitted for items 1 to 5 above must be in English, and documents 2 to 4 should be combined in a single PDF file, unsigned and not encrypted.
Applicants should send the required documents to [email protected].
For more information, visit APCTP.