Internet4Good (I4G) Video Story Contest 2020 for Young Africans (Win Cash prizes)
Deadline: October 18, 2020
Applications are open for the Internet4Good (I4G) Video Story Contest 2020. In recent times, there has arisen a notion that the best thing young Africans can do with the internet is scam or fraud. Global media platforms have carried stories on young internet scammers especially from Africa, which have contributed to shaping a negative international image.
This rise of negative reporting around “African internet scams” has fostered a moral panic around internet use and, in some cases, deprived young Africans from ethical internet-related opportunities. With the aim contribute to a positive narrative about the internet for young Africans, the Internet4Good project launches the I4G Story Contest with the support of the Bosch Alumni Network. The Internet4Good project encourages young Africans from across the world to share their positive experiences about using the internet to inspire others and project a better image of themselves within global media.
- First Prize: 150 Euros
- Second Prize: 100 Euros
- People’s Choice Prize (the Highest Online Engagement): 100 Euros
- Open to citizens of any country in Africa.
- Applicants should be between 18-30 years old.
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
- Follow @internet4good on Instagram and follow the page.
- Repost the #I4GVideoStoryContest flier on your Instagram page and tag your friends to apply.
- Upload your video on Instagram describing your positive experiences using the internet, what you have learnt and how it has impact your life and others. It should be unedited, not more than 1 minute.
- Use the hashtag #I4GVideoStoryContest and tag @internet4good in your caption.
- Your story should address one of these themes: Personal Development, Advocacy, Entrepreneurship, Access to Information and Networking.
For more information, visit Internet4Good.