Deadline: October 20, 2020
Applications are open for the UNITAR Hiroshima Training Programme 2020. The training focuses on building resilience and enhancing security of the region through the inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) approach.
The Women’s Leadership in Tsunami-based Disaster Risk Reduction is designed to encourage participants to gain knowledge in DRR, including Sendai Framework, Sustainable Development Goals, Gender Responsive DRR, Multi-stakeholder Coalition in DRR, Community Based DRR, etc. and finally to develop an “inclusive country DRR Plan” that is contextualized for each country with consideration of both natural and biological hazards.
The target audience are 100 passionate women living in or from 14 Pacific SIDS (Cook Islands, Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu). In order to gain insight from a diverse range of stakeholders as well as to effectively reflect the various perspective in DRR planning, participants will be selected from various backgrounds.
Participants will be selected through an open call for applications based on specific criteria including:
- Female and aged over 18 years old;
- Geographical and sectoral representation within the country;
- Deep interest in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR);
- Internet connectivity throughout the programme
- Good oral and written English skills; and
- Keen passion to learn by doing and highly motivated to succeed to provide positive impact to the society.
To apply for this programme, you will need to complete the below steps:
- Create a SurveyMonkey Apply account (if you do not have one already)
- Complete the Eligibility Criteria Survey
- Start, complete and Submit your Application Form