Startup North-East Virtual Incubation Program 2020 (up to $3,000)
Deadline: December 2, 2020
Applications are open for the Startup North-East Virtual Incubation Program 2020. The Startup North-East Virtual Incubation Program is a 4-month entrepreneurship program designed to help startups solve prevailing problems that affect aid distribution and data management in the NorthEast.
This project seeks to identify and support innovative and technology-focused startups whose activities can create solutions to the problems in north east Nigeria, and especially address gaps in areas of aid distribution and data management. Successful participants will be supported to deploy their applications to increase the availability of solutions that will support community, government and donor initiatives in rebuilding the region.
Areas of Interest
Applications should focus on the following areas:
- Poor Data Management
- Poor coordination and lack of good communication
- Misappropriation of relief materials and funds
- Unqualified personnel
- Poor data collection
- Lack of insight
- Mishandling of equipment
- Grant: Business equity-free funding up to $3,000 each for 6 startups.
- Business Advisory: Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts.
- Partnerships: Access to network of partners.
- You must be operating in Nigeria;
- The startup is in idea-stage or early-stage;
- Can demonstrate the potential for future scale;
- The solution must be solving problem around the key area of interest;
- Startups should have a well-rounded, complementary team i.e. in-house capacity for product vision (what to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it);
- Founders should have some unique insight or compelling worldview deep domain expertise and/or a strong grasp of the landscape an eye for detail tenacity, high conscientiousness, and a bias towards execution;
- Solution should leverage technology.
The deadline for application is December 2, 2020. Applications after this date will not be considered.
For more information, visit Startup North-East.