Kenya Leadership and Accountability Lab 2021 for Young Leaders
Applications for the Kenya Leadership and Accountability Lab 2021 are now open. The Kenya Leadership and Accountability Lab (KLAL) is a virtual academy for Kenya’s next generation of youth leaders. KLAL aims to impart essential democratic leadership, fundraising, grassroots mobilization, advocacy and strategic communications skills to succeed as a civic activist or duty bearer.
As a KLAL fellow, you will exchange your vision for Kenya’s future with like-minded peers, identify barriers to youth civic and political participation, dialogue with political, civic and academic experts and participate in interactive virtual forums aimed enhancing good governance and leadership skills.
- Some KLAL Fellows may choose to compete for funding to enact their individual grassroots mobilization plans.
- Awardees will receive mentorship from professional subject matter experts as well as an opportunity to participate in IRI-funded Community Engagement Campaigns (CECs)–both in person or online.
- Applicant must be Kenyan citizen;
- Between 18 and 35 years of age;
- Have Bachelor’s degree of higher;
- Shall not be a current or past Member of Country Assembly, Executive office holder or have been elected to public office at any level within the government;
- Must have a track record of community service. Community service is defined here as activities or work you have done that benefits others where you live, and that your own community benefitted from;
- English and Swahili speaking;
- Reside in a geographic location with internet connectivity. Internet connectivity is a requirement to maintain eligibility in the program;
- Participants must select a track: political leadership or civic activism;
- Must be able to commit to the entire program including online workshops through April 2021.
Through a competitive application process, forty up-and-coming Kenyan Fellows between 18 and 35 years of age will be selected to participate in the program.
For more information, visit KLAL.