Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 for African Women
Deadline: November 27, 2020
Applications are open for the Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) Fellowship Programme 2020/2021. The MLEx Fellowship Programme is a one-year non-residential fellowship for young African women enrolled in PhD programmes at accredited universities in East Africa.
Fellows will receive a discretionary stipend, data bundles and participate in a virtual training programme, paired with mentorship and
networking. The MLEx programme uses professional development courses
designed by the Mawazo Institute to develop and nurture skills in their Fellows that are applicable across a variety of academic disciplines.
For the first year of the MLEx Fellowship, which begins in early 2021, they are recruiting 10 African women pursuing doctoral research at the nexus of agriculture/ food security and gender, and enrolled at accredited universities in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate how they are analysing gender perspectives and dimensions in agriculture and food security, and integrating them into their research.
Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- A stipend worth $500 for discretionary use.
- Participation in Mawazo’s in-house virtual professional development and leadership training programme, MLEx.
- Data bundles for supplementary internet connectivity to access and use MLEx.
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff and their partners.
- Connections to mentors, as well as exposure to leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors.
- Visibility via Mawazo digital platforms and events.
- Applicants must be women below the age of 40 as at January 1, 2021;
- Be citizens of an African country;
- Be enrolled for their PhD at an accredited university in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda;
- Be available to fully participate in the programme in 2021-2022.
Applications will be considered complete when the following are provided:
- A completed online application form.
- A current 2-page CV.
- A letter confirming current enrollment in an accredited PhD programme.
For more information, visit MLEx Fellowship.