Deadline: December 15, 2020
Applications for the TU Dresden Distinguished Research Fellowship Program 2021 are now open. Starting from 2021, the Faculty of Business and Economics of TU Dresden will establish Distinguished Research Fellowships. Up to three research fellowships for internationally renowned scholars (including professors, outstanding assistant and associate professors) will be granted per year.
Key objectives associated with the Distinguished Research Fellowships are to foster innovative ideas and initiate exciting, vibrant research collaborations, to support the development of PhD students and early-career scholars (e.g., postdocs) of the Faculty, as well as to further expand the international research network and activities of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The Faculty of Business and Economics provides each Distinguished Research Fellow with funds of up to €10,000 for the realization of the proposed research project (including travel, lodging, and other possible expenses associated with her/his stay at TU Dresden). The funds are available for one year (from April 1) and can be extended, if needed.
Fellows are expected to contribute with their expertise and experience to the research activities and reputation of the Faculty of Business and Economics. In addition, each Fellow is expected to:
- Visit TU Dresden for at least six weeks (in total);
- Give a research talk during her/his stay in Dresden;
- Provide updates on the research progress and results, and
- Acknowledge the support provided in all publications related to the Fellowship.
Open to all international scholars at the professor level (professors, outstanding assistant and associate professors) who:
- are active researchers in one of the following fields: business informatics/information systems, business administration, and economics,
- work at a university, or research institution, outside Germany, and
- have no recent collaboration history (e.g., no joint research projects and/or publications within the last five years) with members of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The selection of the Fellows will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence as demonstrated by top-tier publications,
- Willingness to engage in on-site collaboration and dialogue in Dresden, and
- Theoretical merits and practical relevance of the proposed research project.
The deadline for the first application round is on December 15, 2020, with the inaugural class of Distinguished Research Fellows being awarded in spring 2021.
To apply for a Distinguished Research Fellowship, interested scholars are kindly asked to prepare the following two documents:
- Application form, including an outline of the proposed research project
- Short CV (maximum of two pages), including an overview of current and prior academic positions, major research areas, key publications, academic awards and prizes, etc.
Applicants need to email their application package to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Business and Economics: [email protected].
For more information, visit TU Dresden.