Scholarly Communications Lab Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020/2021 ($60,000 CAD)
Applications are open for the Scholarly Communications Lab Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020/2021. They are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join their interdisciplinary team of researchers for a one-year research stay at the Scholarly Communications Lab (ScholCommLab) in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
This position is part of Sharing Health Research, a multi-year, SSHRC-funded project examining the online communication of health science. While this position may be particularly relevant to scholars with a background in science/health communication, digital journalism, risk/crisis communication, social media, or metascience, they welcome applicants from any field with an interest in this research topic.
This fellowship will offer the successful applicant an opportunity to collaborate with our team on a project of their own design focused on the public communication of scientific uncertainty and/or the online circulation of health-related preprints. Applicants are asked to submit one or two brief research proposals (half a page or less each) relating to this broader topic. These are meant to give us a sense of your research interests and methodological approach; they are not formal proposals, so there is no need to explain every detail or include a reference list.
- The gross salary is set at $60,000 CAD annually. Additional funding may be available to present results of the collaboration at agreed upon conferences.
- Applicant should have a PhD (or set defence date);
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a diverse team;
- Ability to conceive, scope, and execute a project within the 1-year timeline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Deep disciplinary knowledge and interdisciplinary curiosity.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications received by December 4, 2020 will be given full consideration, but applications will remain open until the position is filled.
The application package should include:
- A cover letter.
- 1-2 potential project ideas related to the project theme that they would like to pursue as a Postdoctoral Fellow (max ~250 words per idea).
- A detailed CV, including a list of publications.
- Contact details for three references.
Send your application to Alice Fleerackers at [email protected] with ‘Preprints Postdoctoral Fellowship’ in the subject line.
For more information, visit ScholCommLab.