Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) ‘Open Minds – Young Voices’ Youth Activists Program 2021 for Nigerians
Deadline: December 6, 2020
Applications are open for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) ‘Open Minds – Young Voices’ Youth Activists Program 2021. The Open Minds – Young Voices Program is an empowerment program aimed at developing young, motivated and proactive Nigerians that are working and advocating for social justice and good governance and have great leadership potential.
Successful applicants benefit from educational modules that enhance their knowledge on issues of socio-economic and political relevance in Nigeria. Practical sessions include skills training on project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy and leadership.
Candidates must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 32 by the time of application;
- conversant with socio-economic and political issues in Nigeria;
- creative, progressive and willing to become change agents;
- have the potential to be positive role models;
- able to communicate fluently in English and partake in regular group assignments;
- resident in Abuja or surroundings and cater for their transportation to/from the training;
- ready to commit to 95% attendance requirement.
Location and Period of Programme
- March to November 2021 at Wuse II, Abuja.
- Every second and fourth weekend of the month, for 16 – 18 weekends.
- Saturdays from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; and Sundays from 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Interested applicants should either:
- Click here to apply or
- Send an application email to [email protected] and include the following as a single PDF document:
- a Letter of motivation answering the question “How will the programme improve your work for the common good of the Nigerian society?” (500 – 1000 Words).
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
For more information, visit Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung.