PepsiCo Greenhouse Collaborative Accelerator 2020/2021 (up to $100,000 grant)
Deadline: December 7, 2020
Applications for the PepsiCo Greenhouse Collaborative Accelerator 2021 are now open. The Accelerator is a collaborative mentor-led program designed to nurture the growth of emerging purpose-driven health and wellness companies in the food and beverage sector.
Ten companies will be chosen and will receive a $20,000 grant as well as entry into the 6-month incubator program. Along with the funding, the selected entrepreneurs will benefit from the assistance of PepsiCo experts in areas such as brand optimization, product development, supply chain management, customer acquisition and distribution. The program will also address critical early-stage business issues like business planning, corporate structuring and fundraising.
At the end of the program, one company will be granted an additional $100,000 to support further growth. In accepting the $100,000 grant, the winner will agree to grant PepsiCo exclusive rights for a period of six months to discuss the possibility of an equity investment on mutually agreed terms.
- Open to food & beverage, ingredient, technology & service entrepreneurs with a market-ready health and wellness product.
- The product should be a viable proof of concept with in-market results & validation and not be in direct or indirect competition with PepsiCo or any of its products.
- Open to companies and individuals aged 18 or over at the date of entry.
- Immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) and/or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of employees of PepsiCo, Inc, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and any third party companies associated with the program are not eligible to participate.
An external 3rd party will review all submissions and the selection committee will choose finalists based on the following criteria:
- Ingredient and product qualities: based on nutrient profile, potential health claims, science-based efficacy, GRAS status, clean label, cultural and lifestyle relevance, and other factors that appeal to consumers as they age.
- A clear focus on consumer health and personalized nutrition: including wellness, better-for-you foods and beverages, as well as aspects of healthy aging, such as immunology, digestive health, vitality, mobility, brain/cognition health, stress and mood management/sleep.
- Technologies and services, such as wearables and diagnostic methods to inform and enable wellness management and healthier aging lifestyles.
- Scalability of business model.
- Uniqueness in the market.
- Have a clear go-to-market strategy and plan for sustained in-market execution.
- Balanced gender and ethnic diversity.
Complete the application form prior to December 7, 2020 including as much information as possible to help them understand why your business should be included in the Collaborative Greenhouse Accelerator.
For more information, visit PepsiCo.