Verizon/Unloc Young Entrepreneurs Challenge 2021 (Win £10,000 prize)
Deadline: January 22, 2021
Are you a young leader with a tech-led business plan designed to meet any (or all) of the UN SDGs? Apply now for the Verizon/Unloc Young Entrepreneurs Challenge 2021. The Young Entrepreneurs Challenge is an online entrepreneurship competition looking for people aged 16 to 25, with fresh and innovative technology-led business ideas.
They are reaching out to a Pan-European audience in their search for a great new start-up business. You could win a £10,000 / €11,000 grant, a mentorship package and pro-bono support to accelerate your business idea.
Applicants will compete to win the overall prize at the grand final:
- £10,000/€11,000 of funding for their start-up business.
- A mentorship package to accelerate their idea.
- Finalist runners up will receive £1,000 of funding for their start-up business.
Applications will only be accepted from:
- Individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 years on February 1, 2021.
- Residents and/or citizens of a mainland European country.
- Immediate family members of the judging panel are not eligible to apply.
- Previous entrants who attended the Grand Final are not eligible to apply.
Business proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be legal in all mainland European countries.
- Be either a pre-start (not yet trading); or not have been trading for more than 3 years and have an annual turnover of less than £100,000 on February 1, 2021.
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying.
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others.
Applications will be judged on three key factors:
- Technology innovation
To enter the Challenge, all you need to do is submit a 60-second pitch video. The deadline for submission is January 22, 2021.
For more information, visit Young Entrepreneurs Challenge.