Deadline: December 13, 2020
Call for applications are ongoing for the Thomson Reuters Foundation Ukraine Newsroom Consultancies 2021. The Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF), in partnership with the BBC Media Action, is delivering the UK FCDO’s Support to Independent Media in the Eastern Partnership States (Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova).
The Eastern Partnerships (EAP) Programme aim is to enhance and strengthen the information environment of Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to ensure the respective populations have access to multiple different sources of high-quality, trusted and independent media content. As part of this, TRF has been providing support to editorially independent media outlets across these countries to better understand their target audiences, produce more impactful and deep-reaching content and improve their financial sustainability.
TRF is now opening a call for applications from independent media outlets in Ukraine interested in a 9-month program (April-December) of business and editorial training and mentoring.
Focus areas for training include:
- Building mid- and long-term business strategies.
- Supporting editorial planning.
- Developing audience research capabilities.
- Developing digital offerings.
- Supporting partners to improve the quality of their content.
- They are looking for local media outlets who provide independent and trustworthy content for their audience.
- Organisations can be from any format (Digital, paper, TV, Radio etc) but must be able to demonstrate their commitment to understanding their audience and producing trustworthy and verifiable journalistic and/or public service content.
Applications must be submitted by December 13, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters Foundation.