Seedstars/Shell Foundation Energy, Mobility and Agriculture Innovation Program 2021
Deadline: December 20, 2020
Applications are open for the Seedstars/Shell Foundation Energy, Mobility and Agriculture Innovation Program 2021. Seedstars and Shell Foundation have joined forces to look for sustainable, scalable and innovative startups working to improve access to energy, sustainable agriculture and mobility.
The objective of this program is to support, catalyse and train early-stage (seed) tech startups addressing challenges related to access to energy (household energy, energy for business, energy nexus), sustainable agriculture (value chain innovations improving access to finance, technology, market or knowledge) or sustainable mobility (safe rural and last-mile mobility for people and goods) in Africa.
Selected Startups will receive access to a 3-month investment-readiness program that includes:
- Investment-readiness training.
- Group mentoring based on sector.
- One-on-One mentoring with a dedicated expert that has been selected based on individual startup needs.
- Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities.
- Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation.
- The startup must have an existing solution with less than 4 years of existence (average 2 years old).
- Must act within the following sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture.
- Must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with a MVP – minimum viable product).
- Must have operations based in Africa.
- Must show initial traction and/or be generating revenue.
- Have raised less than $1M USD in investment to date.
The deadline for application is December 20, 2020. The Investment Readiness Program begins from February to April 2021.
For more information, visit Seedstars/Shell Foundation.