ACU/British Council Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort 2021
Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications are open for the ACU/British Council Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort 2021. The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort is seeking 24 talented climate and environment researchers committed to building climate resilience through multidisciplinary research.
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort is for passionate climate and environment researchers seeking to enhance their leadership and knowledge exchange skills. This unique Cohort will work together, and with experts from across the Commonwealth, to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues of climate and environment in the lead up to COP26.
Through providing training, access to networks and COP26 travel funding, the ACU and the British Council are working in partnership to support rising stars in climate and environment research who are working towards solutions for climate-vulnerable regions across the Commonwealth.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK (travel restriction dependent).
- Leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops.
- Skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence.
- The opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding.
- Access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Climate Change and Resilience Network.
- Applicant should be based at an ACU member university;
- Hold a PhD at the time of application;
- Be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2021;
- Have a letter signed by your head of department, supervisor, or other senior member of staff supporting your participation in this project between March-November 2021.
The submission deadline is at 23.59 UTC on January 31, 2021. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
For more information, visit ACU/British Council.