Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 at Columbia University (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 5, 2021
Applications are open for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 at Columbia University. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program that brings together rising leaders from the United States and around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions.
Over the course of an academic year at Columbia University, Obama Foundation Scholars deepen their knowledge and skills and build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries. Upon completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, empowered by their experience, return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program covers the following costs:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City;
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person;
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University;
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person;
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written, and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 program until February 5, 2021 at 5:00pm ET.