Deadline: February 7, 2021
Do you have an innovative idea or solution to improve the lives of children (especially those from marginalised communities) in Uganda? Join the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund Challenge 2021 with your innovative concept or offering.
UNICEF Uganda has launched an Innovation Fund Challenge to deepen participatory practices in providing innovative solutions to national social policy challenges, with a view to transform the local ecosystem by leveraging on the disruptive power of technology as a driver for inclusive and sustainable growth. The main objective of the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund challenge is to provide innovative avenues to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve the outcomes outlined in the country program document, and the achievement of the SDGs.
For this call, you are expected to propose solutions that:
- Enhance and improve child survival and development among newborns, children and adolescent boys and girls;
- Improve access to basic education and adolescent development for girls and boys aged 3 – 19 to achieve appropriate learning outcomes;
- Ensure that children in Uganda are free from all forms of violence abuse, neglect and exploitation – including harmful practices – and realise their right to legal identity.
- Access to free technical assistance to realise or grow your business.
- Access to mentors and expert coaches to provide tailored support.
- Receive access to Outbox’s network to enable you to pilot or further validate your concept.
- Receive grant funding of up to UGX 80 Million to further validate your concept or business.
You can apply if you answer “Yes” to th following question:
- Would you like to improve th lives of Ugandan children by supporting the creation of cost-effective, efficient and scalable market-driven solutions?
- Are part of a team of at least two pople with inovative ideas that address th innovation challenge problem areas?
- Are you a Ugandan citizen or currently living or working in Uganda?
- Is your solution utilizing a frontier technology in its approach that includes data, AI, machine learning, robotics, internet of things, augmented reality, drones, blockchain, etc.?
All valid applications are reviewed by judges in their respective challenge areas, and the top-scoring Finalists proceed to pitch their solutions. The deadline for application is February 7, 2021.