Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature 2021
Deadline: April 30, 2021
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, the arm of the Arab Bank for Cultural and Social Responsibility, is pleased to announce applications for the Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature 2021.
The topic of the course is Diaries of a Boy/Girl. A diary is a recording of visible and invisible things and real or imagined incidents in their two states of separation or union, and it is narrated in the first person’s conscience. The stories must revolve around the daily life of the child or adolescent, and express what he thinks. In order to fit into the field of literature, the style must be interesting, the language is literary, the narration vibrant, along with the intimacy of the presentation and the sincerity of the approach.
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation grants each winner a certificate in his name and the field of literary art in which he won, in addition to a shield bearing the name of the award and the foundation’s logo and a financial reward of 18,000 Jordanian dinars divided into three:
- First place: 10,000 Jordanian dinars
- Second place: 5,000 Jordanian dinars
- Third place: 3,000 Jordanian dinars
- The applicant must be of Arab nationality or of Arab origin.
- Nomination for the prize is accepted by the author himself.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The work submitted for the award must be original and not quoted or translated from another language.
- The work submitted for the award should not be published in newspapers, periodicals, websites, or others.
- The work must not be submitted to another award or has previously won a prize.
- Entries that arrive after the progress period and incomplete files are excluded.
- Works that are submitted outside the specified topic are excluded.
- The applicant is not entitled to make any change or amendment to his nominated work after his arrival at the award committee.
- The Foundation is not obligated to return the submitted works, whether they win or not.
- The Foundation is under no obligation to provide applicants with any feedback about their ineligible works after the results appear.
- The Foundation has the right to publish and produce the first edition of the winning works on paper for one year, and electronically and audio for five years, and the winner will receive (50) copies of the publication.
The entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria.
- Innovation in handling the idea
- Language and style
- Content and ideas
- Renewal and creativity
- The originality of the work
The following are required attachments:
- A copy of the ID card or passport.
- A summary of the CV.
- The work submitted for the award under the following conditions:
- Word document should be Arial font, size 14.
- It is a requirement that the participant’s name not be placed on the electronic version.
- A signed copy of the declaration
For more information, visit Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize.