Call for Applications: African Civic Engagement Academy (ACEA) 2021
Deadline: February 15, 2021
Applications for the African Civic Engagement Academy (ACEA) 2021 are now open. The African Civic Engagement Academy (ACEA) is a free online training program and networking opportunity offered to selected mid-career NGO and public sector leaders across sub-Saharan Africa.
Selected participants will receive online instruction and participate in peer discussions organized into three short courses:
- Principles of Civic Engagement, including strategies for NGO, non-profit, and government sector leaders to advocate and engage with one another.
- Political Inclusion, covering steps that can be taken to improve the political and social inclusion of underrepresented communities.
- Media Management, including the role of old and new media as a bridge between government and civil society.
Participants will also be exposed to leadership development and strategic planning concepts. All participants will develop a peer-mentored Civic Engagement Action Plan, where they identify steps to bring a civic engagement project to life in their community or government unit.
- Participants who successfully complete the ACEA coursework and submit a Civic Engagement Action Plan will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia which may be displayed as a digital badge. Chartered in 1785, the University of Georgia is the oldest state-chartered public institution in the United States and is home to over 38,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Be between the ages of 30 and 45 as of January 1, 2021.
- Serve in a leadership role with a civil society organization (including NGOs and non-profit community organizations) or a government unit responsible for engaging with the public.
- Have a demonstrated record of leading civic engagement efforts, including projects and programs to advocate, engage, and communicate in an inclusive way.
All applications must be submitted by February 15, 2021 at 5pm GMT.
For more information, visit ACEA.