UNV/UN Women Young Leaders Program 2021 for Women from the Global South
Deadline: January 25, 2021
Applications are open for the UNV/UN Women Young Women Leaders Program 2021. The YWL initiative will engage a diverse cohort of young women from the Global South who are committed to gender equality and women’s empowerment and to the mission and work of the United Nations. It will also allow the sharing of experiences among young leaders from diverse backgrounds across UN Women and further enhance diversity in UN Women’s personnel.
As part of the Young Women Leaders initiative, UN Women and UNV will recruit the first cohort of 10 young, talented and dedicated women to serve at UN Women’s headquarters as UN Youth Volunteers. While participating in a structured professional development program, the YWL participants will be mentored by leaders in their respective fields of expertise. They will have the opportunity to contribute to gender equality and women’s empowerment and become part of a network of young leaders at UN Women.
- Applicants for the Young Women Leaders Program must be nationals of the Global South and no older than 29 years old throughout the entire duration of the assignment.
- Applications from women with disabilities, LGBTQI, gender non-conforming individuals, and other marginalized groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (with two years of experience) or Master’s degree (with minimum one year of experience) in a related field is required:
- Administration –Business & Administration
- Communications & Advocacy –communications, public relations, journalism
- Partnership & Resource Mobilization –economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women’s studies
- Strategic Planning –international development or public administration, economics
- UN Coordination –international development, public administration, public policy, or other social science
- Policy Support – social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development
- Demonstrated commitment to Gender Equality and 1 year of experience with Master’s Degree; 2 years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN Official language (e.g. Arabic, French, Spanish) is desirable.
Applications are due by January 25, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit YWL Initiative.