UN Women Comic and Cartoon Competition 2021 (Up to EUR 2,500)
Deadline: March 14, 2021
Applications for the UN Women Comic and Cartoon Competition 2021 are now open. UN Women, together with the European Commission, Belgium, France, Mexico and in partnership with Cartooning for Peace, is organizing a global Comic and Cartoon Competition under the Generation Equality campaign, which marks the 25th anniversary of the groundbreaking Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action that set out how to remove the systemic barriers that hold women back from equal participation in all areas of life – a visionary agenda for the empowerment of women and girls still to date.
They invite you to picture your vision of what a gender equal generation looks like. The Competition is part of the UN Women campaign “Generation Equality: Realizing women’s rights for an equal future”, which celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women that took place in Beijing in 1995.
Seek inspiration for your drawing in the 12 Critical Areas of Concern of the Beijing Platform:
- Women and the Environment
- Women in Power and Decision-Making
- The Girl Child
- Women and the Economy
- Women and Poverty
- Violence against Women
- Human Rights of Women
- Education and Training of Women
- Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women
- Women and Health
- Women and the Media
- Women and Armed Conflict
The Area of Concern addressed in the drawing must be specified in the entry form.
The prizes will be:
- First Prize: EUR 1200
- Second Prize: EUR 750
- Third Prize: EUR 500
The first, second, and third prize winners of the competition will get the chance to attend the virtual opening of the Forum in Paris, and will be among the changemakers of this generation, including civil society, international organizations, governments, business, cities, parliaments, trade unions, media, and more. In addition, an exhibition with the cartoons from all finalists will take place during the Generation Equality Forum in Paris (in situ/virtual, depending on the situation).
- You are between 18 and 28 years old.
- You believe in gender equality and realizing women’s rights for an equal future.
- You want to express your vision of a gender-equal generation in a drawing.
- Unleash the power of your creativity and PICTURE IT!
- To apply, upload your submission in jpg, jpeg, png, or pdf format.
- Remember that data size is limited to 5MB and that the resolution of the drawing must be 150 dpi or higher.
- Note that you can only submit one drawing and you can only enter your drawing once.
For more information, visit UN Women.