IAS Scholarship to Attend the 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science 2021
Deadline: February 26, 2021
The The International AIDS Society (IAS) is now accepting applications for the IAS Conference and Media Scholarship Programme 2021. The IAS Conference and Media Scholarship Programmes are key components of the conference as they significantly impact the participation of individuals from resource-limited settings at the conference, and in turn contribute to the global educational impact of the conference.
The Scholarship Programmes provides full registration to eligible and qualified applicants. The programme supports individuals who contribute to the conference programme, along with applicants who are able to demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities.
Additionally, the Media Scholars will be able to participate to the IAS 2021 Journalist Fellowship programme that will be conducted virtually, and will feature live and recorded online training with leading HIV treatment, care and prevention research and implementation experts. The programme will include special resources for Journalist Fellows, dedicated access to conference chairs and other key speakers as well as special online briefings throughout the conference.
The scholarship Programme is open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and who is at least 18 years old at the time of the conference.
Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Delegates from lower-income countries
- Delegates who belong to key populations including people living with HIV.
The application process is entirely free.
- You can submit your conference or media scholarship application through the IAS 2021 conference profile before 26 February 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Applications via email are not accepted.
- Your conference profile must be complete before you start a scholarship application.
- General delegates and abstract presenters who wish to request financial support to attend need to submit a scholarship application form and a letter of recommendation from a manager, colleague or peer.
- If your application form is incomplete or the recommendation letter is not submitted by 26 February 2021, 23:59 CET, your application will not be considered.
- If you are a media representative, you must complete the media scholarship application form and submit three samples of your work, as well as a letter from your editor by 26 February 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Once an application is submitted, the applicant receives a confirmation email containing the scholarship application number.
For more information, visit IAS Conference.