Call for Expression of Interest: UN-Habitat Data Collection Survey on COVID19 Impact & Challenge on Public Transport 2021 (Up to US$18,000)
Deadline: February 4, 2021
Call for Expression of Interests are open for the UN-Habitat Data Collection Survey on COVID19 Impact & Challenge on Public Transport 2021. This call for expressions of interest invites governmental, inter-governmental organisations, universities, not-for-profit organisations, civil society organisations and academic institutions to collaborate under the “Data Collection Survey on COVID-19 Impact and Challenge on Public Transport, Solid Waste Management and Slum Living Condition” project supported by JICA.
The objective of the project is to collect data and information related to infection risks in order to inform effective measures for reducing infection risks in the proposed areas and mitigating the impacts on the livelihood of the vulnerable. Under this Agreement of Cooperation, a mobile phone-based survey of commuters in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kampala will identify travel patterns and commuter preferences during the COVID-19 pandemic. In Nairobi, pedestrian counts will be conducted to assess the level of crowding at major public transport hubs in the central business district.
This output will be beneficial for not only understanding impact of COVID-19 on public transport but also for improving the design of pedestrian infrastructure so that people can walk more comfortably and safely between public transport stops and their work or other destinations.
Key deliverables and outcomes of this project are as follows:
- Mobility survey (Desktop research, Commuter preference survey and Field survey).
- Analysis of current mobility patterns in high-travel demand areas of the three project cities (Nairobi, Mombasa and Kampala).
- Conceptual Plan to improve Walking conditions in Nairobi.
- Organization of various stakeholder meetings.
- Upon selection, UN-Habitat will enter into an Agreement of Cooperation with the selected entity. UN-Habitat will contribute US$18,000 for the successful delivery of expected outputs within the planned timeframe.
Open to governmental, inter-governmental organisations, universities, not-for-profit organisations, civil society organisations and academic institutions.
The EOI should contain, but not be limited to the following:
- A concept note including background information and approach that will be applied to develop and implement the project;
- Experience of the organization in the areas of mobility, solid waste management, and data collection and to include a portfolio of projects undertaken in similar areas;
- The support/contribution the organization is willing to make including, cash and in-kind; (contribution in terms of researchers staff time, office space and equipment and other support in cash and in-kind should be expressed in monetary terms)
- Governance and organizational structure; experience and qualifications of key professional staff and infrastructure facilities of the organization;
- Certified true copy of original Audited Account Statement for the last two years; and
- Latest annual report.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in electronic format no later than 4 February 2021 to the e-mail address to [email protected] with the referenced number: EOI-01-02-2021 indicated in the subject. Failure to do indicate the reference number in your submission may result in disqualification of your proposal from further evaluation.
For more information, visit UN-Habitat.