Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) 2021 for Nigerians
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Applications for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) 2021 are now open. The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) is a research fellowship award grants to foreign academics or professionals to conduct advanced research at U.S. institutions.
Two categories of grants are offered under The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program: Research Grants and Program and Curriculum Development Grants.
- Research Grants: Awards of 3 to 9 months are offered for senior faculty to conduct post-doctoral research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in their fields. Preference will be given to individuals who have at least three years of university teaching experience and a productive scholarly record.
- Program and Curriculum Development Grants: Awards of 3 to 5 months are offered for senior faculty or administrators to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Proposals should be linked to professional duties and demonstrate how the candidate will use the knowledge gained to develop new courses, curricula, or other academic programs at the home institution. These grants are designed for university faculty or administrators with less experience and who may not have had recent access to research or instructional developments in their disciplines. A doctorate degree is not required, but applicants must hold a minimum of a master’s or equivalent graduate degree
- Applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria or a permanent resident, and should hold a valid Nigerian passport.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright scholar grant and without experience or limited experience in the U.S.
Candidates are selected based on a variety of factors, that may include (but are not limited to):
- Academic qualifications
- Project feasibility
- Personal leadership ability
- Available grant funds
The deadline for submitting online application and all supplementary documents is June 1, 2021.
For more information, visit Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program.