YGAP Accelerator 2021 for Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh
Deadline: May 1, 2021
Applications are open for the YGAP Accelerator Bangladesh 2021. The YGAP Accelerator programs aim to back impact entrepreneurs – or as they like to call them ‘local leaders’ – who have solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities. Rather than imposing their perceived solutions on a foreign community, YGAP supports these local leaders who live there and have developed their own.
The YGAP Bangladesh Accelerator program exists to support early-stage social impact ventures by helping them refine and develop their business and impact models. The program consists of a live-in bootcamp followed by a comprehensive support phase tailored for early stage enterprises and start-ups which includes strategy, branding, mentorship, catalytic grants among others.
The program has three stages:
- Accelerate: The startups they select go through a one week live-in accelerator where their business models are strengthened and they are equipped with the tools they need to turn their startups into viable ventures.
- Support: After the accelerator they provide strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, legal and accounting help and access to small grants.
- Grow: The most impactful ygap entrepreneurs will move into growth, where they access larger support and funding to grow their ventures.
They are looking for
- Entrepreneur: They believe the best solutions to poverty are entrepreneurial, so they focus on early stage ventures that exist to improve access to education or healthcare, create jobs or build safer homes.
- Local: You’re a local of the area who intimately understands the problems that you are trying to solve.
- Early Stage: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 10 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
- Ventures that are improving lives: At the end of the day, they exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty. If you believe your venture is improving the lives of people living in poverty, they encourage you to apply.
If you’re a founder of an early stage venture aimed at improving the lives of people living in tough conditions, they want to hear from you! If you don’t hit all of these criteria perfectly, they still encourage you to apply as you may still be considered!
If you are interested in applying for this intake please fill out the form below. Applications close May 1, 2021.
For more information, visit YGAP Accelerator.