French-African Foundation Young Leaders Programme 2021
Deadline: March 21, 2021
Applications are open for the French-African Young Leaders Programme 2021. The French-African Foundation wishes to identify, assemble and nurture the most promising high-potential talents within the France and African economic, political, academic, social and cultural ecosystem.
The devastation caused by the pandemic is impossible to express in words. Whilst lockdowns keep us isolated at a time when we need each other the most, the challenges facing Africa and France have never been more complex.
How can we speed the recovery? What solutions remain unexplored, for inclusive growth to become the fabric of our societies? Where to next? Millions of people are counting on the next generation of African and French leaders to be the answers to the region’s most pressing questions.
This year, as a matter of urgency, the French-African Foundation has expanded the capacity of the Young Leaders program three-fold, from 30 to 100 candidates. The selection process will be progressive, gender-free-based and exhaustive to ensure a fair and equal playing field in identifying the 100 people who show the talent, energy and values necessary to provide the answers for transformative change in our ecosystem.
- The 100 young leaders will take part in an induction and wrap-up seminars, where they’ll have the opportunity to express their expectations. In France, these sessions will be led by Egon Zehnder, the world’s largest privately held executive search firm.
- In addition, the 100 young leaders will meet with major stakeholders from corporations, SMEs, mid-level business, start-ups, and members of key associations and institutions.
- This year, the program pays special attention to the development of France and Africa’s sports industries.
- Young leaders will be taken on tours, exposing them to grassroots cultural realities.
- They will receive hands-on workshops dealing with media training, war school type decision-making sequences, and much more.
- In addition, the young leaders will be trained in the art of diplomacy, under the leadership of leading PR agencies in France and Senegal, with a focus on resilience, 2021s rallying theme.
- Applicants must be between 28 and 40 years old.
- They need to be French nationals or the nationals of an African country.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn.
- French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process.
- Selected candidates should demonstrate engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders.
- The selected candidate must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, community, etc.)
- They must showcase inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts their community, country, or sub-region.
- A display of a privileged professional and/or personal and/or associative relationship with France and Africa will be valorized.
Applications can be made online until March 21, 2021 (23:59, Paris time)
For more information, visit French-African Foundation.