Generation Equality Film Festival 2021 for Filmmakers and Storytellers
Deadline: March 12, 2021
Do you believe in gender equality for an equal future? Are you between 18 and 30 and passionate about creative storytelling to visualize your belief in women’s rights and activism? This is your chance to show the world your work. Apply for the Generation Equality Film Festival 2021!
The Generation Equality Film Festival will take place during the Generation Equality Forum, a global gathering for gender equality, convened by UN Women and co-hosted by the governments of Mexico and France, with the partnership of civil society. Kicking off in Mexico City on 29–31 March 2021, and culminating in Paris in June 2021, the Forum will secure a set of transformative commitments for gender equality.
Filmmakers must choose one category: Feminist movements and Leadership; Economic Justice and Rights; or Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action.
- The winner of each category will receive a cash prize of $1,000 USD.
- Films must not exceed 3 minutes of running time, including credits.
- Only original works that have not been presented to other festivals.
- Professional and non-professional filmmakers and storytellers of all genders ages 18-30 years old are invited to submit works.
- Films should capture stories about taking action to change realities, hearts and minds, for a gender-equal generation.
- Any film type is accepted, fiction, nonfiction or documentary, experimental videos, animation, and more. They encourage a creative spirit that reflects youth activism – diverse, inclusive, original.
You can submit one video only to the film festival for consideration through the online platform on FilmFreeway, subject to the rules.
Films must not exceed 3 minutes of running time, including credits. The application deadline is March 12, 2021 at midnight EST. The content of all submissions must address gender equality and women’s empowerment issues.
For more information, visit Generation Equality Film Festival.