Deadline: March 12, 2021
The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund is pleased to announce their 2021 Call for Proposals. The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund aims to strengthen the political and economic participation of women affected by forced displacement.
WPHF seeks to fund qualifying local organizations and projects led by and working alongside forcibly displaced women in Nigeria that are high impact, innovative and contribute directly to the following objectives:
- Promote improved socio-economic recovery and political participation of women and girls in peacebuilding contexts;
- Reinforce the institutional capacity of civil society organizations working on women and girls in forced displacement.
This call for proposals makes available financing for local civil society organizations in Nigeria through two primary funding streams:
- Funding Stream 1: Institutional funding from $2,500 USD to $30,000 USD: To provide institutional financing to local civil society organizations working with women and girls in forced displacement, aiming to reinforce the institutional capacity of their organizations.
- Funding Stream 2: Programmatic funding from $30,000 USD to $200,000 USD: To finance projects that implement programmatic activities aligned with WPHF Outcome 6 contributing to enhanced socio-economic recovery and the political participation of women and girls in peacebuilding settings.
- International, national and local women- led, women’s rights, feminist, youth rights, refugee or IDPled civil society organizations with a proven track record working with women and girls as well as forcibly displaced people, are eligible to apply.
- Grassroots and local community-based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Joint projects are allowed and encouraged.
The following are NOT eligible to apply for a grant from the WPHF:
- Organizations proposing a multi-country intervention.
- Organizations proposing an intervention in a country different from the eligible country.
- Lead-organizations that are not legally registered in the country/territory of implementation.
- Government agencies or institutions.
- UN agencies or UN Country Teams.
- Private individuals.
- Private sector entities.
- Universities and Education institutions.
The deadline for submission of proposals is March 12, 2021. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Applications are accepted in English. You may not make changes to your application after it is submitted. Applications can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. No other formats will be accepted. Legal registration certificates can be submitted in jpeg, doc., docx., or pdf format. All documents should be submitted together as a package.
Application packages should be emailed to [email protected]