Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Program – Class of 2022
Deadline: April 29, 2021
Applications are open for the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Program – Class of 2022. The MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The successful world-class training program is run with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. The teaching fellows hail from some of the best universities around the world like Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, etc. They also offer the entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Guest lectures have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, and many more.
Since inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $22m in training over 350 individual entrepreneurs and funded 60+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
- Building Sustainable Teams
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Revenue and Business Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction (achieving product/market fit)
- Preparing for investments
- Open to anyone of any nationality or citizenship who meets all the application requirements and lives in Ghana or Nigeria.
- Applicants should be aspiring software entrepreneurs between the ages of 18-35, who want to build tech startups that solve global issues in Africa.
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred).
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage).
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results.
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year.
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company.
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively.
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Confident and independent thinking.
- Excellent people skills.
- Step 1: Complete all these pre-learning courses:
- Step 2: Take an Aptitude Test: You are required to take the Aptitude Test as your score will be requested when filling your application form and will determine your move to the next stage. Please follow this link to take the test.
- Step 3: Complete the MEST Training Program Application Form
For more information, visit MEST Training Program.