Deadline: March 20, 2021
Apply to Join the Youth Advisory Group for the IAVE’s Global Youth Volunteering Summit 2022. Every 10 years IAVE celebrates the Global Youth Volunteering Summit (GYVS), an event, made by youth and for youth, that seeks to connect young volunteers from all regions of the world.
The 1st Summit was in Tokyo, Japan in 2001, and the 2nd Summit took place in Barranquilla, Colombia, in 2011. The next Summit will be in Edmonton, Canada in 2022. They are looking for young people across the world who are passionate about volunteering to join the Youth Advisory Group and bring this conference to life.
About the Youth Advisory Group
The Youth Advisory Group is responsible for co-producing the conference with MacEwan University and IAVE. This group will ensure that all planning and development is taken forward with a youth-led approach and with a global perspective. The group will comprise of young people ages 16-30 from around the world (50% from Edmonton, the host city) and would commit to being involved in the planning process for 12-18 moths prior to the event.
Through the open application process, two representatives from each region (Africa, Arab Nations, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America) will be selected to serve in the Youth Advisory Group. This group will be co-chaired by the IAVE Board Representative for Youth, Yvette Tackie, and the MacEwan University Student Representative.
This group would be involved in developing the theme, program and activities of the Summit and involved in all key decisions around the shape, feel and look of the event. The group will also have volunteering roles during the Summit.
- Opportunity to shape the outcome of an exciting, once in a lifetime global event.
- Connect with hundreds of young people from all over the world.
- Opportunity to learn what trends are shaping youth volunteering.
- Inspire and activate keynotes and workshops with relevant stakeholders.
- Build an exciting agenda for attendees from around the world.
- Share your knowledge expertise and culture with your global peers.
- Develop inspiring projects related to youth volunteerism.
- Opportunity to travel to Canada to attend the Summit in person!
Open to young people between the ages of 16-30 who:
- Hold leadership roles in their volunteering organizations.
- Have experience in planning, managing and supervising youth conferences.
- Can commit 10 hours per week for first 12 months and 15-18 hours in the 6 months leading up to the Summit.
- Can travel to Canada for the Summit.
- Have devices with adequate internet access to attend online meetings.
- Have basic proficiency in English (oral and written).
An ideal candidate is:
- Non-judgemental and a team player.
- Motivated, honest and creative.
- Aware of global and regional trends in youth volunteering.
- Committed and solution oriented.
Deadline to apply is March 20, 2021. Decisions will be announced by the end of March 2021.
For more information, visit IAVE’s Global Youth Volunteering Summit.