Deadline: April 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 for Social Entrepreneurs and Visionary Startups. The Siemens Stiftung’s E-Mobility Innovation Call promotes the most promising, catalytic, and bankable innovations from African countries.
Siemens Stiftung is launching its first open, competitive E-Mobility Innovation Call “Electric Mobility Made in Africa for Africa,” which emphasizes innovative technical solutions and circular economy approaches. The pre-seed funding is intended to jump start visionary African entrepreneurs, start-ups, and social ventures that are developing innovative e-mobility solutions in manufacturing, exploring innovative business models and creating mobility services (such as apps or delivery services).
The E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 emphasizes four areas of Siemens Stiftung’s Electric Mobility and Circular Economy Program:
- Charging, batteries, and the circular economy
- Business development
- Services (apps, customer engagement, delivery services)
- Winners will receive prizes ranging from 10,000 to 50,000 Euros.
- Furthermore, Siemens Stiftung will support the winners in promoting their companies to a wider audience, reflecting the foundation’s commitment to inclusive, digital, and socio-economic growth of African entrepreneurs and social businesses in electric mobility and the circular economy.
- Open to entrepreneurs headquartered in Africa who are pursuing the uptake and mainstreaming of e-mobility in Africa – both companies that are already generating revenue and companies in the earliest stages of development are encouraged to apply.
- A high representation of female employees on staff is relevant.
- Business focus on application and implementation of e-mobility in the African mobility sector.
- Provide financial & accounting information.
- Making a contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Actively support the empowerment of women.
- Product and/or service from one of the focus areas from the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility.
- 1st round: In the first round you are asked to provide answers to a detailed questionnaire pertaining to the profile, impact, and your future plans of the business. Applications can be submitted by April 30, 2021.
- 2nd round: Applicants that reach the second round will be asked to answer some more in-depth questions pertaining to financial and legal due diligence and to upload documents such as registration certificates, finance reports (if available), and articles of association. Successful applicants for the short list will be contacted in May 2021.
- Next steps: If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to a 30-minute virtual interview in May or June 2021. An external jury of experts will select the final winners, who will be announced in July 2021.
For more information, visit E-Mobility Innovation Call.