Deadline: April 16, 2021
Applications are open for the Independent Curators International (ICI) Curatorial Research Fellowship 2021. The ICI’s Curatorial Research Fellowships focus on promoting experimentation, collaboration, and international engagement in the field. They support early-to-mid career curators to advance their practice and develop new knowledge in contemporary art, through research, travel, and the development of professional networks.
Conceived to foster independent research, ICI’s Curatorial Research Fellowships offer a framework tailored to each curator’s field of critical inquiry. The fellows will receive financial support, mentorship specific to their research interests, and whenever possible, the opportunity to travel. They will have access to ICI’s international networks of collaborators and programs to create opportunities for continued learning.
- Fellowship duration is four to six months, between May and December 2021. Fellows may be based anywhere and will receive regular mentorship sessions virtually. Each fellow will receive an award of USD 10,000.
- As part of the Marian Goodman Gallery Initiative in honor of the late Okwui Enwezor, these Fellowships are available exclusively to BIPOC curators based in the US and curators of African descent based anywhere in the world.
- Early-to-mid-career curators (5+ years of experience working with contemporary artists), independent or with institutional affiliations, may apply.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A letter describing the proposal for curatorial research, the relevance of the project to the field, and how the fellowship will impact the applicant’s practice (maximum 1,500 words).
- A biography (maximum 500 words).
Applications may be submitted in English, French, or Portuguese (working knowledge of English is necessary for this program); indicate your eligibility to the program: BIPOC curator based in the US or curator of African descent based anywhere in the world.
Applications should be sent as one single PDF by email to [email protected] by Friday, April 16, 2021, at midnight EST.
For more information, visit ICI Fellowship.