Deadline: April 25, 2021
Application for the LSHTM-ISEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics for African Scientists 2021/2022 are now open. The Fellowship enables promising research students from Sub-Saharan Africa to undertake MSc training in Medical Statistics at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) followed by a year working as a statistician at one of the partner centres in Africa.
The fellow continues to receive mentoring, supervision and support for the duration of their fellowship from members of our Group. The summer project, chosen by the fellow, often provides an introduction to the research topic to be pursued further during the placement year. During the placement year, the fellow is exposed to different aspects of research including study design, data management, analysis and reporting of findings. They are guided by local statisticians and researchers as well as relevant International Statistics & Epidemiology Group (ISEG) members.
- The fellowship will provide costs for fees, stipend and return air travel.
- Applicant must be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be in possession of an excellent degree with a background in mathematics, statistics or a related subject.
- Have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology.
- Be able to meet the English language requirements as set out in the English language requirements policy.
Candidates should complete their application through the online portal. A curriculum vitae and academic transcript must be uploaded as part of the application.
Applications for the 2021 ISEG Fellowship will be received until April 25, 2021.
For more information, visit ISEG Fellowship.