Deadline: May 3, 2021
Applications are open for the MEAE/MESRI Visiting Fellowship Program 2021 for Young Researchers. The Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) in partnership with the Ministry of Higher Education for Research and Innovation (MESRI) have launched a visiting fellowship program to welcome young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France as part of a “One Health” approach.
Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years can respond to this call for proposals. 40 fellowships will be awarded to the young researchers over a 12-month period from January 2022. A visiting fellowship agreement with the French host institution will be established between the institutions and the laureates. It will specify the means and resources made available by the host laboratory so that the researcher can carry out the research project.
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 Euros.
- Moving allowance of 500 Euros.
- Support for social security coverage .
- Support for health insurance.
- Candidates must have obtained their PhD less than five years prior to the application, i.e. they must have defended their PhD between May 2016 and April 2021.
- They should not have resided in France after September 1, 2020 (more than 90 days) and they must not be French nationals. The start of the visiting fellowship for young researchers in France is due to take effect in January 2022.
When reviewing applications, particular attention will be paid to ensure geographic diversity of the MOPGA 4th call laureates. As such, 7 fellowships will be reserved for young researchers from sub-Saharan African countries.
List of the 49 sub-Saharan African countries (excluding South Africa): Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, St. Helena, Sao Tome Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applicants must submit their research project online with the following supporting documents:
- Your CV with the list of your publications in English (4 pages maximum)
- Copy of your PhD diploma
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution for the visiting fellowship (2 pages maximum)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (maximum 3)
- Copy of your Passport or National ID
For more information, visit MEAE/MESRI Fellowship.