Ages Foundation Research Fellowship and Bursaries 2021 (Up to $15,000)
Deadline: April 1, 2021
Applications for the Ages Foundation Research Fellowship and Bursaries 2021 are now open. The rare Charitable Research Reserve has partnered with the Ages Foundation Fund to financially assist students in pursuit of higher education.
The Ages Foundation Research Fellowship & Bursaries program will allow students to study in a relatively undisturbed, yet highly accessible site in Waterloo Region. Applications that utilize multiple knowledge systems and diverse methodologies will be prioritized. The monetary awards will help ensure successful candidates have the necessary resources to conduct and report on their research at rare.
A sum of $15,000 will be distributed annually through this application process and awards will be given out in the following amounts:
- One $5,000 award
- One $5,000 BIPOC award
- Up to five $1,000+ bursaries depending on the total number of outstanding applications received.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a graduate student in a Canadian or International institution.
- Must conduct research on a rare Charitable Research Reserve property or in conjunction with rare between May 2021 and April 2022.
- Research/project has an environmental focus or component.
- Applications can be submitted until midnight on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
- New projects must submit a complete Research and Land Use Application accompanied by Appendix One. Ongoing or continuing projects at rare that have already submitted a Research and Land Use Application need only complete and submit Appendix One to be considered.
- Students will be required to provide a final report to rare one year after receiving the scholarship, which includes a list of any presentations or publications of the work to date.
- The successful applicant will be notified on or before July 15, 2021. The bulk of the prize will be awarded shortly thereafter while the small remainder (up to 25% of the prize, depending on the quantity received) will be awarded by June 2022, upon successful completion of the requirements of the scholarship (including the final report and conference presentation).
- The recipient will retain all intellectual property rights.
- NOTE: Submit your application at least four weeks before your anticipated start date. This may mean submitting your application prior to the deadline to ensure your project can start on time.
It is highly recommended that you contact the rare Program Scientist to discuss your project in advance of applying.
- If you are not currently conducting research at rare, download and complete the rare Research and Land Use Application Form, including Appendix One. Note you are required to submit one letter of recommendation with your application.
- If you are currently conducting research at rare and have already completed a research application form for your project, download and complete Appendix One. This will be reviewed in conjunction with your research application.
Submit application to:
Program Scientist – Research Priorities, Partnerships & Monitoring
rare Charitable Research Reserve
For more information, visit Ages Foundation.