Deadline: March 26, 2021
Ingressive For Good is offering scholarships to 1,000 African women interested in building a skill in design (product, graphics & brand design) to increase their earning power and close the equity gap in the design industry.
The African Women in Design Scholarship Program was created to expand access to design education. They #ChooseToChallenge the fact that only 20% of designers in Nigeria are females. This reflects the realities of many African countries and they want to do something about it. This is why they have partnered with Geneza school of design to help 1000 women build skills in design.
The design training comprises of three comprehensive digital course paths. You can learn one of the following:
- Product Design (UI)
- Graphic Design
- Brand Identity Design
The best part? Each path is a potential career and 0.05% will get access to job opportunities and our laptop program after assessment.
- Scholarship –
- 500 scholarships in the first cohort (April to August)
- 500 scholarship in the second cohort (August to December)
- Potential jobs
- Laptops for some finalists
You will learn:
- Product Design: You will learn to design websites and mobile application interfaces using Figma.
- Graphic Design: You will learn the principles of design, visual elements, and how to use Photoshop.
- Brand Design: You will learn how to interpret briefs, create logos, packaging, and brand assets.
- Open to Women in Africa interested in building a skill in design
Register below (no exam needed, takes 5 minutes).
How it Works:
- Apply Chosen candidates will be announced on the 30th March, 2021
- Participants will be given access to a self-paced course and presented in real-world applications to practice
- Finalists will qualify to access laptops and jobs in the best tech companies
For more information, visit Ingressive For Good.