SEED Green Recovery Ecosystem Builder Programme Southern Africa 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the SEED Green Recovery Ecosystem Builder Programme Southern Africa 2021. Multiple actors have recognised the critical importance of eco-inclusive small- and mediums-size enterprise (SMEs) during the COVID-19 pandemic, which are indeed impacted negatively by the pandemic effects, but which also continue to be the drivers of local green and inclusive growth.
Hence, governments, donors and international players put them at the heart of their green and fair recovery packages. In this light, the effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise support programmes driven by intermediaries, accelerators, business advisors, tech hubs and support agencies will become a critical piece in upcoming recovery measures. The objective of this programme is to facilitate green recovery programme design of these organisations meanwhile contributing to building up resilience capacities of eco-inclusive enterprises.
During the three months period of the programme, ecosystem builders will develop and refine their enterprise support programmes under the guidance of experts jointly with their peers. The case-based peer learning methodology will guarantee a hands-on, real life programme development experience leveraging the expertise of the selected ecosystem builders:
- Part 1: Inception workshop: Building Next Level Green Recovery Enterprise Support Programmes – April 19-22, 2021 (digital four half-day programme): Understand where you are at with your programme. This workshop will set the stage for the upcoming months.
- Part 2: Online peer-exchange sessions: Programme refinement in action in May 2021 (Two digital 2hr-Workshop sessions): Refine your programme in action. Use peer-learning insights and expert guidance to refine your programme.
- Part 3: Transformation workshop: Demonstrating the impact of your Enterprise Support Programme from June 7-9, 2021 (digital three half-day programme): It’s time to leverage the benefits of your support programme. Exchange with your peers on the achievements so far and get insights on the critical milestones to maximise further your performance.
- Practical insights and improved performance through hands-on programme development;
- Professional skill development at management, technical and soft-skill level;
- Improved programme design integrating eco-inclusive enterprise and green recovery considerations;
- Membership in a growing closed-door alumni network of Ecosystem Builders (online and offline);
- Peer-to-peer exchange with other like-minded experts;
- Access to a comprehensive SEED Enterprise Resilience toolkit;
- Certification of the programme completion.
- The global selling price for this ongoing programme is USD $3,000 per participant. SEED, with the generous support of the Government of Flanders, can offer the launch of this programme for a selected number of participants for free (transportation and accommodation costs not covered).
- Open to ecosystem builders from Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Have a relevant academic degree in the areas of business, international development or natural resource management;
- Experience or a strong interest in providing and/or developing enterprise support programmes;
- Experience or a strong interest in working with eco-inclusive enterprises in the respective countries;
- Experience or a strong interest working on development programming;
- English proficiency is a requirement.
In order to complete an application, submit your CV and a short statement of motivation addressing the questions. Submissions will be accepted until March 31, 2021.
For more information, visit SEED.