Paris Peace Forum 2021 Call for Projects
Deadline: May 9, 2021
Do you have a concrete solution addressing a global challenge? Present your project at the fourth edition of the Paris Peace Forum. In November 2021, the Paris Peace Forum will focus on spurring a more inclusive recovery and offering initiatives to better tend to global challenges and global commons.
Each year, governance projects proposing concrete solutions to global challenges are invited to the Forum’s Space for Solutions and contribute to debates. The solutions highlighted at the Forum are beyond the conception stage and stand out by their international and cooperative dimension, and their capacity to create sustainable change in global governance.
This year, the Forum will showcase 80 projects tackling the issues at the core of the fourth edition, and invites applications from projects working exclusively on one of the following themes:
- Fighting against the COVID-19 crisis.
- Better governing the global commons.
- Better governing the digital world.
- Fighting fake news and threats to the press.
- Protecting the civic space in times of COVID-19.
- Achieving equality among men and women.
- Strengthening South-South cooperation.
- Reforming capitalism through the impact economy.
By taking part in the Paris Peace Forum, project leaders will have the unique opportunity to showcase their innovative solution and push their project forward:
- By increasing its visibility, benefiting from the number of visitors as well as the international media coverage of the event;
- By presenting it to diverse audiences, through a pitch presentation, as part of a debate, or by scheduling meetings with other participants at your stand;
- By connecting with potential partners: senior representatives from participating governments, international organizations, NGOs, companies, philanthropists, experts, journalists, etc.;
- By sharing expertise and knowledge with other project leaders and participants from all over the world.
All projects presented at the fourth edition will have the opportunity to be chosen as a Scale-up initiative to benefit from one year of customized support from the Forum to drive visibility, advocacy, partnerships, and organizational structure forward.
Open to all governance actors: states, international bodies, local governments, non-governmental organizations, companies, foundations, development agencies, religious groups, associations, think tanks, universities, etc.
To be eligible, your project must meet each of the following conditions:
- Be either normative (instruments of law, standards and good practices) or capacity-building (new mechanisms, institutions and solutions);
- Be supported by an organization and not just by an individual;
- Be managed by a team who can send a minimum of 2 persons can fully participate in the 3 days of the event from November 11 to 13, 2021;
- Bring a concrete solution to tackle a transnational challenge;
- Be related to at least one of the themes of the fourth edition;
- Offer a cooperative approach;
- Having reached a certain level of advancement;
- Involve concrete, tangible, and distinct action;
- Applying without a view to request funding from the Paris Peace Forum;
- Have an international dimension.
The relevance and overall quality of your project will be examined considering the following criteria:
- Overall quality of the project
- Feasibility and coherence.
- Credibility and capacity.
- Relevance of the project to the Paris Peace Forum’s priorities and approach
- Universality, global or international relevance.
- Multi-stakeholder, governance dimension.
- Innovative or unique character.
- Value for the project to be presented at the Paris Peace Forum.
Applications submitted outside the online procedure or after the Call for Projects closing date will not be considered. The Selection Committee will assess the projects based solely on the information contained in the online application form.
All applications must be completed in either French or English.
For more information, visit Paris Peace Forum.