WARIF x Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative: Prevention of Campus Sexual Violence Program 2021 for Nigerian Students
Deadline: April 25, 2021
Apply to participate in the WARIF x Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative: Prevention of Campus Sexual Violence Program 2021. The Joint EU-UN Spotlight Initiative is a program focused on the elimination all forms of violence against women and girls in Nigeria.
The Prevention of Campus Sexual Violence Initiative is a project implemented by the Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF) sponsored by the Spotlight Initiative. The project will be based in tertiary institutions within Lagos state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to address and tackle student-related concerns with sexual and gender-based violence on their respective campuses. This project is aimed at increasing the awareness of sexual and gender-based violence in tertiary institutions and reduce its prevalence by promoting the adoption of policies and strategies or assisting in the strengthening of these policies where they already exist to prevent these acts of violence on campuses in select tertiary institutions in Lagos. Digital and physically safe spaces will also be advocated for and implemented in institutions where possible.
The project will educate students on national laws and policies, and school policies related to gender-based violence. This will enable the beneficiaries to remain committed to supporting the government and people of Nigeria to end sexual harassment in tertiary education institutions across the country.
Applicants who complete the virtual education classroom programme would receive a certificate of completion, and stand the chance to be invited to the symposium on ending gender violence-related issues.
- Be an enrolled approved student of any Nigerian tertiary institution
- Have a valid student ID card
- Be 16 years or older as at May 1st 2021
- Ensure application is completed before the deadline
- Dedicate a mandatory minimum of 1 hour weekly to virtual training sessions for a 4-week period
- Commit to participating in group activities
- Complete all online course content within the stipulated time
- Have a strong interest in issues relating to gender equality, preventing violence and/or community development
For more information, visit WARIF.