University of Oxford Associate Professorship in African Studies 2021 (Paid position)
Deadline: April 14, 2021
Applications are open for the University of Oxford Associate Professorship in African Studies 2021. The Oxford School of Global and Area Studies (OSGA), in association with Corpus Christi College, seek to appoint an Associate Professor in African Studies from 1 September 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
They invite applicants with expertise in a social sciences discipline, history or cultural studies with special reference to Africa. Interdisciplinary skills are welcomed, and preference may be given to someone who works on South Africa.
You will be expected to teach and supervise at the graduate level and to engage in research and administration. The post will be held in conjunction with a Governing Body Fellowship (non-stipendiary) at Corpus Christi College. You will engage actively in research to contribute through publication to the department’s and University’s international reputation for research excellence.
- The salary range is between £48,114 to £64,605 per annum.
- You should have received a doctorate in a social sciences discipline, history or cultural studies with special reference to Africa, by September 1, 2021.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Research achievement at an international level appropriate to the stage of their career;
- The skills and commitment to contribute effectively to teaching, supervision and academic administration in the School;
- A record of success in obtaining research funding or commitment to doing so.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14 April 2021. interviews will be held in May 2021.
For more information, visit University of Oxford.