Ilia Calderón Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 24, 2021
Applications are invited for the Ilia Calderón Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2021. For the first time, One Young World has teamed up with the Jang Calderón Family Foundation to support young Afro-descendant or Indigenous leaders between the ages of 18 and 30, who are leading innovative and impactful initiatives in Latin America.
The “Ilia Calderón” scholarship will select and finance the participation of two Afro-descendant or Indigenous Latin American leaders who will be able to travel to Europe and attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
Th scholarship provides
- Admission to the One Young World 2021 summit in Munich.
- Accommodation in private rooms from July 22 to 25, 2021.
- International transportation to and from Munich (tourist class).
- National transportation to the airport for the international flight (tourist class).
- Visa expenses, if applicable.
- Public transport between the accommodation and the Summit venue in Munich.
- Meals during the days of the event (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Translation from English to Spanish in plenary sessions.
- Applicant should be between 18 to 30 years at the time of the One Young World Summit which will take place in Munich from July 22 to 25, 2021.
- Be from one of the following eligible countries: Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada, Jamaica, San Cristóbal and Nieves, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil.
Candidates will be evaluated for the following:
- Commitment and potential benefit for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives he/she leads or in which he/she has participated.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Address local and/or global problems in your community or territory.
- Have a history of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
The deadline for application is April 24, 2021 at 9AM GMT. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Ilia Calderón Scholarship.