IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 for Women (Funded)
Deadline: July 19, 2021
Applications are open for the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 for Women. The fellowships will support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
The Fellowships are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science. They are tenable for a minimum period of three months to a maximum period of six months.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
- Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD 2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD 1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must be women only and meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme;
- Up to 45 years of age at the time of the application;
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD;
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list;
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute;
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided;
- Must be employed at an institution in her home country.
Awarded female scholars must:
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her fellowship;
- Present a research plan agreed by her host supervisor;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members;
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country.
Applications must be submitted online. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
For more information, visit IsDB-TWAS.